The last three weeks have flown by and the students (parents and staff), are getting back into the routines of school and activities. It can often take several weeks for us to get used to the sleep patterns, school expectations, and shuffling around to the after school activities. Students are starting to look more rested and relaxed than the first day of school!
All the staff at BSLS are very excited for a great year! It is such a pleasure and honour to work with your children every day.
We have some exciting events coming up that we would love to invite you to.
- Oct. 13 – Church Night at the Bomber game vs Saskatchewan. Please send an email to confirm (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) and send a cheque to the office payable to BSLS. Notification to attend game must be given to the office by September. INFO
- Oct. 18 – Movie Night at BSLS. Details will be sent home soon, but please save the date!
- Nov. 13 – Parents in Partnership (PIP) meeting at 6:30-7:30 pm at BSLS. Auction prize coordination following meeting for those who are able to volunteer.
- Nov. 17 – Christmas Supper (hosted by PIP – YOU!) at the Caboto Centre. This is our largest fundraiser of the year and we look forward to seeing you there. Ticket information and information on how you can help make the event a success, will be coming home soon.
- Dec. 13 – Christmas Concert at the Caboto Centre. Please mark your calendars. The concert will begin at 6:30 with students requiring to be there sooner.
The permission forms for students in grades 2-8 for Mathletics and K-8 for Keyboarding Without Tears came home yesterday. Please sign and return to your child’s teacher as soon as possible. If you require another copy, they can be found on the website.
The canteen items and prices can be found here. We request that kindergarten students wait until after Christmas to begin going to the canteen at lunch as they are still working on getting organized to eat their lunch in the allotted time.
The Farm to School Fundraiser is due to be completed on Monday, September 24th. Please fill out a form and return payment to your child’s teacher. The delivery of the fresh vegetables will be on October 4th; in time for Thanksgiving! Parents in Partnership receives 50% of the cost. We thank you for your support. For more info, click here.
The childcare programs are selling The Show N Save Books as a fundraiser. The money raised will be used to purchase extra programming for the childcare programs. The books sell for $25 dollars each. This year there is an added bonus with an on-line feature with many more coupons. If you are interested in purchasing a Show N Save Book, please contact the office by September 26th.
If you have any questions or concerns, please make an appointment to come and speak to me. I am always happy to meet with you.