School @ Home
We are sure missing seeing everyone in person these days. We hope you are all doing well and staying safe and healthy. Our goal is to work with you from home during this time. Please find helpful links, interesting pictures, and the classroom blogs below. The information will be updated regularly as information is provided. Please stay safe, do what works for your family at home, and keep in touch with your child(ren)’s teacher with any challenges.
There are websites that Manitoba Education and Training has asked us to share with you. There are also companies who have unrestricted access to their website content. The information is provided below.
My Learning from Home – The collection of resources on this site can support your child’s well-being and learning growth, and encourage meaningful family-centred learning. New early childhood, Kindergarten to Grade 12, and adult learning supports will be added and updated regularly.
The following resources are available to support mental health and well-being:
- The Provincial COVID-19 website has a section called Care for Your Mental Health, which features a virtual therapy program available to Manitobans age 16 or older.
- Students can access Kids Help Phone by calling 1-800-668-6868 or texting CONNECT to 686868.
- Youth can access the QuaranTEEN Support Line by calling 204-792-2277.
- The Government of Canada offers mental health information, including resources on improving your mental health at work and in your daily life.
If you would like to use Criterion on Demand (a service that the school purchases to watch educational videos and movies) please click on the button and use the following prompts.
Criterion on Demand –username: 94009 – password: manFIS
Manitoba Education Online Resources
My Child in School: A Resource for Parents
This website provides information for parents on each compulsory subject
area, broken down into the following four sections:
- what your child is learning
- how your child is assessed
- resources that support your child’s learning
- frequently asked questions
My Learning at Home
This website includes videos, animations, and interactive websites to help you
understand or deepen your understanding of many concepts in Middle Years
mathematics, science, as well as linguistic elements in English language arts.
Middle Years Education in Manitoba
The Middle Years Education website offers educators and parents insights and
resources to improve young adolescents’ commitment to school and learning
through increased student engagement. Print and online resources are
available to help guide and support educators in providing and assessing
learning opportunities that improve student learning and engagement in the
Middle Years. Communities and educational partners also offer significant
support to Middle Years learners and schools.
Free Online Resources for Manitoba Educators and Parents
This site is regularly updated with free online resources for Manitoba educators